Indian Curry Chicken
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a food blender, combine tomatoes, garlic, and ginger. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Add tomato mixture, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, and turmeric. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir to coat with tomato mixture. Return to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and tender. Remove from heat; stir in basil and garam masala.
366 calories (31g protein, 38g carbohydrate, 10g fat, 317mg sodium) per serving