Spicy Honey-Orange Chicken
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a bowl, combine orange juice, honey, garlic, orange zest, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Add chicken, stirring to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, swirling to coat. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Add chicken to skillet and cook 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Add reserved marinade to skillet and boil over medium-high heat, turning chicken once or twice, until chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced by half, about 4 to 5 minutes. To serve, slice chicken on a cutting board, transfer to serving plates, and spoon thickened sauce over chicken.
297 calories (35g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 5g fat) per serving