Thai Green Curry Chicken
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1½ tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 stalks lemon grass
- 4 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil leaves, torn
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, cook and stir garlic, shallots and ginger for 3 to 4 minutes, until shallots are tender. Mix in green curry paste. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add chicken and lemon grass in skillet. Cook 5 minutes, until chicken begins to brown. Mix in baby corn and water chestnuts. Cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Mix coconut milk into skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until coconut milk has thickened. Top with basil leaves to serve.
443 calories (28g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 27g fat, 309mg sodium) per serving