Stiff-legged deadliftTargets: Hamstrings, glutes, lower back
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, dumbbells in each hand in front of your thighs.
- Keeping shoulders and back straight, bend forward from the waist and reach downward toward floor. When your torso is nearly parallel to floor (or as far as you can comfortably go), slowly stand back up to starting position.
Reverse lunge on stepTargets: Quads, glutes, hamstrings, calves
Reps: 15 per leg
- Stand about three feet in front of a 12- to 18-inch box or step. Extend left foot back behind you, and rest toe on the step. Spread your arms out to the sides at shoulder level, and shift your weight forward onto right leg.
- Bend knees into a lunge, keeping right knee aligned with ankle. When front thigh comes parallel to floor, stand back up to starting position. Complete all reps then switch sides.
Outer thigh abduction with bandTargets: Outer thighs, hips, lower abs, obliques
- Lie on your back with a resistance band around your lower legs or ankles, and arms by the sides, raise both legs in the air until nearly perpendicular to floor, and spread legs slightly to take the slack out of the band.
- Keeping your legs straight and feet flexed, open your legs wider out to the sides as far as you can. Slowly return to starting position.