Chicken and Avocado Tacos
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sodium-free canned diced tomatoes
- 8 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup cubed avocado
- 1 cup salsa
- In a small bowl, combine chicken with garlic, red pepper, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Toss well to coat.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat, about 7 to 10 minutes, turning frequently, until browned amd cooked through. Transfer to plate.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes (with juice) and reduce heat to low; cook until heated through.
- Warm tortillas in toaster oven or microwave. Fill each tortilla with tomato mixture, chicken, and avocado, and fold in half. Serve with salsa.
537 calories (45g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 17g fat, 460mg sodium) per serving